Location: Manchester City Centre
Department: Tech SEO
Type: Full Time
Min Experience: 2 years
Salary: Up to £30k depending on experience
We are looking for a talented, ambitions and experienced tech SEO to join our team of search marketing specialists. We can offer the opportunity to work on some great client accounts in a dynamic, exciting and supportive working environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and executing tech SEO strategies for a range of clients both personally and in collaboration with other members of the tech team.
Performing in depth technical site audits.
- Performing general technical SEO tasks such as: monthly housekeeping; ad-hoc penalty analysis; assisting with site migrations; assessing the impact of algorithmic changes; identifying and diagnosing the technical issues holding client sites back; advising on mobile first and testing mobile vs. desktop experience; advising on SEO issues relating to protocol, http2, local SEO, site speed, hosting configuration, missing assets such as XML sitemaps, robots.txt files.
- Deciding upon the most worthwhile activity for each individual client’s circumstances
- Helping to define new technical SEO products and services at Custard, and in the process assisting the agency in pursuit of becoming one of the top organic search marketing houses in the country.
- Carrying out keyword research both personally and in collaboration with the content team.
- Analysing and cleansing client backlink profiles both personally and in collaboration with the outreach team.
- Assisting with planning and forecasting for current clients and as part of the new business process.
- Working closely with Custard’s account managers to produce meaningful client reports and deliver commercially-focused advice on how to improve.
- Keeping abreast of best practice, disseminating information about emerging tools and techniques to other staff and clients.
- Participating in client calls and meetings, including new business meetings, at our office in central Manchester and elsewhere in the UK when necessary.
- Assisting the management team with expansion of the tech SEO team at Custard and the recruitment of additional staff, helping to train and mentor junior team members.
- Assisting with the development of Custard’s public image as an organic search thought leader by writing for our blog, contributing to our social media profiles, and attending industry events such as BrightonSEO and SearchLeeds.
- You must have a thorough understanding of current organic search best practice with regards to technical SEO. Specific examples of this include knowledge of how to help clients gain access to position 0; how to structure URLs and on-page content for best results; how to build a strong internal linking structure; how advice differs for ‘local’ businesses vs. non-physical businesses; how to optimise for digital assistants; how to leverage structured data and microformats; how to make a site ‘mobile first’ ready; how to perform keyword analysis; understanding how keyword targeting affects site structure and content creation; how to use tools such as Analytics, Search Console and third-party platforms such as Searchmetrics, SEMRush, AHREFs and Moz to measure results and identify opportunities for improvement.
- At least 2 years in a technical SEO-focused role, with evidence of your involvement in complex projects such as restructures of large sites, site migrations, development of successful campaign strategies etc.
- Experience with more complex techniques such as SEO split testing and server log file analysis is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge and experience of tracking and conversion code integrations for Analytics and similar would be highly advantageous, as would familiarity with Google Tag Manager.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills. A large part of technical SEO is understanding how a particular combination of words entered by a user in a given location at a particular time into a search engine translates to a sale for a client is crucial – consequently you will need a strong grasp of spelling and grammar.
What we can offer you:
- An interesting role with a high degree of autonomy.
- The opportunity to shape and mould our organic search offering.
- A fun working environment in the centre of Manchester, with Friday bar, regular socials and a casual dress code, working with liberal, like-minded individuals who love what they do.
- Access to staff profit share scheme once you pass your probation.
- A competitive salary, with company pension contribution in addition.
- 24 days paid leave from starting, plus bank holidays.
- 1 additional day of leave for each year worked up to a maximum of 30 days.
- 1 hour lunch break, with regular, optional team activities.
- A culture of sharing knowledge and expertise.
If you like what you see, send your CV with a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to hear from you