As a business, we want to be successful. As a company, we want to be sustainable. We hope to deliver the kind of value that makes good sense to our employees, clients and partners.
Our main drivers for sustainability revolve around demonstrating the right leadership qualities as a marketing firm.
We want to ensure that our production processes are as minimal as possible to save on resources, whilst also reducing the negative impacts to the environment. We are very considerate like that.
Being a marketing agency based in Manchester, we have a vision. That vision is to demonstrate our on-going sustainability in numerous ways.
Our commitment is to reduce our carbon footprint 30% by the year 2015. By applying the following, we are confident we can hit the ground running and achieve this vision.
- Recycle 100% of natural waste
- Reduce energy consumption by 50%
- Comply with all applicable legal requirements, regulations and codes of practice
- A commitment to focusing on areas that can be measured and improved to reduce our impact on the environment.
- Have specific, measurable targets of improvement on which our performance can be set on a continuous basis
Short term objective
We also have goals we wish to achieve in the immediate future. Common sense objectives that can be adhered to here and now:
- Reduction of paper use in-house through double-sided printing
- Reduction of paper use via less printing
- Reduce waste of water
- Encourage car-pooling
- Promotion of our sustainability vision to clients
- Provide training to employees on reducing environmental impact.
- Awareness and adherence by employees of our sustainability policy
- Avoid physically travelling to meetings where alternatives are available, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or webcams to avoid multiple trips
Long term goal
- Martin Luther King had a dream. We have a goal. To achieve that goal by 2015, Custard has put the following objectives into play:
- Ensure one third of our workforce is employed from the local area of Manchester
- Undertake voluntary work with the local community and make donations for charitable projects
- Take into account sustainability considerations when it comes to all business decisions
- Engage and employ an energy supplier committed to renewable energy
- Purchase fair-trade beverages whenever possible